Coconut Oil Popcorn
- 將一湯匙乾玉米粒加入鍋裏讓椰子油把它們爆熱 (這時可選擇加點海鹽或糖或其他調味料)；應不時搖晃鍋子讓玉米粒獲得均勻的熱力；
- 富含多酚 (polyphenols) 和其他抗氧化物質，有助掃蕩體內自由基；
Ingredients (for one person):
- Cold-pressed coconut oil 1 tablespoon
- Popping corn kernels 1 tablespoon
- Sea salt, sugar or other condiments (optional)
- Heat a frying pan with high heat;
- Add 1 tablespoon coconut oil and heat with medium high heat for about 1 minute;
- Add 1 tablespoon popping kernels to the pan and let them sizzle in the oil. Can optionally add sea salt or sugar or other condiments at this time; shake the pan occasionally to ensure even heat distribution;
- After about 1 minute, the kernels will start popping. Cover with a lid and wait until all kernels have popped;
- When the popping is complete, immediately turn off heat, remove lid and serve.
- This recipe allows for the absorption of coconut oil and its numerous nutritional benefits including medium chain fatty acids which aid digestion, and lauric acid which helps fight germs;
- Popping kernels are not refined and thus have their bran, germ and endosperm intact, providing large amounts of fibre and nutrition and can help stabilise blood glucose and cholesterol levels;
- Rich in manganese, magnesium, phosphorous and zinc, as well as Vitamins B3 and B6;
- Rich in polyphenols and other antioxidants, which help scavenge free radicals;
- Helpful for weight control as just a small amount of kernels can produce a large amount of popcorn with low calories, contributing to a feeling of fullness.
- Do not make popcorn with microwave or buy popcorn that has been made with microwave;
- Coconut oil popcorn can substitute for many snacks but excess consumption (more than one bowl) could lead to heatiness;
- The higher the heat used for the popping, the fluffier and crispier the resulting popcorn. As soon as the popping is done, remove cover immediately to avoid vaporization which will dampen the popcorn.
- Practice makes perfect - timing and heat strengths will vary with individual set-ups so some trial-and-error may be required before the perfect bowl of popcorn is achieved!
椰子油爆谷 Coconut Oil Popcorn